Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fixed Gear by Lakefront Brewery

I guess I consider Lakefront Brewery to be local even though I haven't lived by it in 10 yrs.  Located in Milwaukee it's only an hour away from the  town I grew up in.  Easily a day trip if the grandparents want to babysit...although we've never actually visited.  It would be a blast though...Milwaukee seems like a fun city.

Fixed Gear American Red Ale is a strong beer.  It would be perfect on a day like today...high of 75, storming like crazy outside.  It's so dark right now (9am) that it looks like its 830-9pm.  I'm a sucker for red and amber beers.  This one packs a punch.  The front flavors are nice and smooth and full and then the back end hits you with the hops.  Not too much hops, just enough to say whoa there it is.  And then it brings you back to take another sip.  I don't get tired of the whoa kick at the end. 

I also have to give them props for the label.  I'm really not sure on the price of this one.  My guess is that it's around 10 bucks a 6 pack here in Ptown.

No comments: